Monday, July 16, 2012

75 Days (Jennie)

75 shoooooort days to go! I'm having fun with the new Vitamix, I've made an embarrassing amount of smoothies and sorbets so far. Waiting for hubby to finish his workout as I write this, so I can go make him a smoothie too.

I made my first post-workout shake this morning, one that I knew my old blender couldn't handle. This one is on recommendation of my dear sister from Fit2Fat2Fit. This is the amazing story of Drew Manning, a personal trainer. In order to better empathize with his clients, he went on an unrestricted diet and stopped exercising- basically lived like many Americans do today. In only 6 months time, he put on 70 lbs. Then the next 6 months, he lost it all again. Plus an extra 3 lbs for good measure. Totally inspirational story, I remember seeing him on GMA starting his transformation about a year ago and couldn't wait to see how it all turned out in the end.

Here's Drew's protein shake recipe:
3 c fresh spinach
3/4 c unsweetened almond milk
2 T peanut butter
1/2 banana
1 1/2 scoops vanilla whey protein powder (I only used 1 scoop)
ice (probably about a cup?)

Add all ingredients and blend. Very tasty and kept me pretty full until lunch!

Food for the day
Breakfast: Drew's protein shake
Morning snack: turkey bacon, coffee
Lunch: salad (spring mix lettuce, jicama, red bell peppers, carrots, corn, tuna, edamame and ranch)
Afternoon snack: granola bar
Dinner: grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat bun
Dessert: I made "ice cream" in the Vitamix- fresh strawberries, about 1/4 can of frozen orange/mango juice concentrate, a banana and lots of ice. This made enough for each of the kiddos to have some, I filled 4 popsicle molds with it and had a little myself. Topped with a little dark chocolate. Tasty and pretty guilt-free!

Calories in: 1900
Calories burned: 2500
Workouts: Asylum Vertical Plyo and 2 mile walk at lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment