Sunday, June 10, 2012

Real Housewives Breakfast (Mindy)

So my first experience with Real Housewives was New York and my favorite was Betheny, although I never quite understood why she was in the cast since she was single and was without any kids... regardless I loved her and I love her Blog and the recipes I have tried on it.  So for breakfast this morning it was the Faux Pancake and yumminess ensued!


(serves 1)

Ingredients:
1 Egg
2 Egg Whites
1/4tsp Vanilla extract (she also recommends strawberry, and I think almond may be good too)
1 tsp sugar

Directions:
1. Mix the egg whites, egg, sugar and extract in a bowl until combined
2. Sprain a pan with cooking spray and heat on medium-high heat.
3. Pour the egg mixture into the pan and once it is cooked on one side flip it over
4. Top it with whatever you want, fresh fruit a little bit of syrup or eat it plain!



As you can see I topped mine with a microwaved apple.  You take one apple, I prefer it peeled for this, and cut it thinly, I used my mandolin.  Top it with cinnamon and microwave it in a bowl for about 2 minutes, stopping every 30 seconds to check it and stir it.  

(Nutritional Facts does not include the apple on top only the pancake)

Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 121 g
Amount Per Serving
Calories
122
Calories from Fat
46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat
5.1g
8%
Saturated Fat
1.6g
8%
Cholesterol
186mg
62%
Sodium
180mg
7%
Total Carbohydrates
5.2g
2%
Sugars
5.2g
Protein
13.5g
Vitamin A 5%Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 3%Iron 5%

* Based on a 2000 calorie diet
















No comments:

Post a Comment