Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Beginning (Jennie)


At the urging of a certain sister of mine (who shall remain nameless to protect the innocent), I am overdue and posting my intro finally!

Like most moms, I struggled to lose baby weight after having my daughters. My girls are close in age, and I didn’t have much time to get the weight off with my oldest before I was pregnant with my youngest. While on maternity leave with my youngest, I decided that it would also be a great idea to go back to school and pursue my Masters degree.  So began a 2 year journey with a 3 month old, a 21 month old, a full-time job and school. Needless to say, exercise was really on the back-burner during those two years. Once I finished school and life calmed down a bit, I decided it was time to take control of the weight and get it off. I had some success, but then would inevitably gain a little back by the holidays. Last year I officially kicked things into high-gear, tracked everything that I ate and made it a point of incorporating exercise as well. I finally dropped those last pesky 20 lbs.

My goal is to be less concerned with the number on the scale and more concerned with my overall health and fitness level. Once upon a time, I actually went to school to become a dietitian (how I ended up in Finance I still wonder…). I love nutrition and finding healthy things to make at home, especially things the kiddos will eat. At the end of the day, I know what’s good for me and what isn’t, yet it’s still tough to stay on track. But I work best when I have an end-goal to strive for and that’s where Tough Mudder comes in.  And I’m dragging Mindy along for the fun of it too!

That’s a little of me in a nutshell. Cheers to good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment