Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Ayurvedic Secrets (Jennie)

I am a huge Dr. Oz fan, he's my guilty pleasure whenever I have a day off from work and the kiddos are in school. I recently caught his show about Ayurvedic secrets of weight loss, featuring Sunita Mohan, a Homeopathic doctor. I have mixed feelings on homeopathic treatments at times, but overall believe that there is a lot it can potentially offer as well as serve to complement conventional western medicine. The doctor mentioned a recipe for hot lemonade which is supposed to assist with detox and digestion that I wanted to try. I love all the ingredients independently, so why not combine the three?



Daily Ayurvedic Detox
8 oz hot water
1/2 fresh squeezed lemon
1" fresh ginger root, sliced
1 T raw honey

The smell of it is rather interesting... but it's good! I started this about a week ago, I don't know yet if it's made any kind of significant difference in my life, but it's easy enough to do that I'll stick with it for now.

Cheers! 

1 comment: