Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Runners.. uh.. Arch? (Mindy)

So about 3 years ago I got into running and started training convinced that I was eventually going to do a marathon, or at least 1/2 marathon.  I absolutely fell in love with running and was about to graduate from the Couch to 5K running program.  Well that did not happen because by about mile 3 I started getting this awful pain in my left arch, like a ripping stepping on needles pain.  I did stretching, icing etc., but it did not help and I was too lazy/scared/cheap/[insert excuse adjective here] to go to the doctors to figure out what was going on.  Fast forward 2 years ago then 1 year ago, I tried to pick up running again but always had to stop after a few weeks of training due to this arch pain.

So the story now should go well I went to the doctor's finally and [insert happy recovery story] but alas I still have not.  I decided yesterday to start my running again and started feeling the pain by about 1/2 mile and after 2 miles I was done... my foot was hurting soo bad.... so pissed at my damn foot... so pissed at all these people running past me without a care in the world and no foot pain... I was 2 inches away from tripping this gazelle looking girl that ran past me... he he but I am not that mean or bitter.... but I was pretty depressed yesterday about it... actually really depressed, but I'm better now.

So enough bitching I am going to go see a doctor...

So on to happy times, I had an amazing workout tonight.

About a week ago I discovered Daily Burn and after doing a handful of their workouts I definitely love it and think it is worth the small investment!  It is basically a website that has a bunch of different workout videos by their designated trainers, nutrition advice, motivation, community boards, lots of different stuff.  I do not really see myself getting into the community boards or the other fluffy stuff but the workouts are great.  I love how they are organized too... say you only have a little bit of time to do a workout you can search for a 10-20 minute, then choose the difficulty level you want and a bunch of options will pop up.... If you love one particular trainer, you can search on only their videos.


To tonight I did a 35 minute cardio workout and then a 30 minute weight training workout and according to my heart rate monitor burned 650 calories and I feel great!

Hopefully they will start posting some new workout videos soon though because I may just whip through them quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment