Thursday, August 9, 2012

51 Days (Jennie)

Just a shade over 7 weeks to go til the big day! I'm halfway through my 101 day journey and results have been... well... I don't know. My easiest benchmark right now is my scale, which is not my friend at the moment. The numbers have been fairly stagnant the past year. I may gain a few pounds over the holidays, then slowly lose them again. So it's time to change it up. It's said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. So the plan for the next 50 is to aim for 100% primal eating (at least during the week). I've been sticking to it fairly well, but still have too many slip-ups that I really need to take better control of. I will also work to do fewer repetitions using heavier weights. The main problem for me is my dumbbells go from 25 lbs straight to 45 lb kettlebells. Not exactly an easy bridge to span there! It's kept me to basically doing most of my weight work with the 25s, and smaller muscle moves with the 15s or 10s. So maybe this weekend I'll go shopping for 35s... so darned pricey, but still cheaper than a gym membership!

Today's food:
Breakfast: Protein shake (vanilla protein powder, blueberries, spinach and unsweetened almond milk)
AM Snack: Coffee, turkey bacon and a cup of red grapes
Lunch: Salad with albacore tuna and ranch dressing
PM Snack: Almonds and a granola bar
Dinner: Leftover galumpke from last night (tomato soup, cabbage, ground turkey and quinoa)

Total calories: 1615
Total burned: 2500
Workout for the day: P90X Plyo, 2 mile walk at lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment