Friday, August 3, 2012

58/57 Days (Jennie)

I can't believe I missed posting yesterday! I had a great excuse though, I spent my normal "blog time" talking with a dear friend that I haven't had a chance to catch up with in a bit. She is one of the most amazing people I know. She dealt with some serious health issues last year and spent quite a lot of time in the hospital. I am truly in awe of her zest for life and what a positive attitude she has toward everything in life. Her enthusiasm is truly contagious, I am so blessed to call her my friend.

Hubby and I took the day off work today. We went shopping, with full intention of coming home and getting in the workout. Needless to say, I *just* got home and am completely exhausted after close to 12 hours of shopping. I had no idea we would be out and about that much. The kiddos acted like little ones do when they're drug out to shop for "boring parent stuff" and further complicated the effort. On the bright side, I bought a new swimsuit and didn't hate myself in it, which is a small miracle in and of itself. I'm far from looking like a supermodel, but I am happy with the progress I've made and at peace with having to wear it in public tomorrow. Tomorrow morning I'm back at the workout. We have two birthday parties (it's feast or famine with us on the weekends, I swear!), so I'll get up and knock it out in the AM. :)

Food for the day
Breakfast 8/02: post-workout smoothie (spinach, vanilla protein powder, blueberries and unsweetened almond milk)
Breakfast 8/03: we went out this AM for brunch. I had a egg and potato skillet with avocado, salsa, sour cream and a lot of other veggies. Very tasty- probably not low cal with all those dang potatoes, but it kept me full until dinner, aside from a small snack.
AM Snack 8/02: coffee and Greek yogurt
Lunch 8/02: salad with grilled chicken and ranch dressing
Lunch 8/03: 1 oz pack of honey roasted peanuts I grabbed while on the go today!
PM Snack 8/02: handful of almonds and granola bar 
Dinner 8/03: Rubio's tonight while out and about- had the chipotle shrimp orange salad again- very good and calories are reasonable (380)
Dinner 8/02: scrambled eggs with spinach, salsa, a little blue cheese and turkey bacon
Dessert 8/03: Greek yogurt with a few grapes and 1 T honey
Dessert 8/02: homemade frozen yogurt, just 1/2 cup of plain Greek yogurt and a cup of frozen blueberries blended together- awesome!

Total calories in 8/03: 1660
Total calories in 8/02: 1930
Calories burned 8/03: 2200
Calories burned 8/02: 2350
Workout 8/03: nada... :(
Workout 8/02:P90X Back and Biceps and Ab RipperX

No comments:

Post a Comment