Sunday, August 5, 2012

56/55 Days (Jennie)

Sorry for the second combo post, this is awful! It's been a crazy fun and busy weekend! Friday was a day off but shopping all day long and home late at night. Saturday we had a birthday party for our friends' son's 4th birthday. It was a fun time at the community pool near them. I have a love/hate relationship with pools as my daughters aren't swimmers (yet), so I spend the entire time on extra alert either hanging on to them or keeping them within direct line of sight the entire time. It may sound like not a big deal, but as any parent can tell you, this level of "if I remove my eyes from you for a split second, you will drown" kind of attention is exhausting. Thankfully it was a great pool with a huge shallow end that had a graduated "beach" entrance, perfect for little ones still getting their water wings. The kiddos are now extra excited for swim lessons later this fall, which is fantastic! And I'm proud to say that I was finally brave enough to venture out in a bikini in public- sans coverup. My friend and I were in Vegas last summer and spent some time poolside, but always with a coverup. It may sound like not a big deal, but for a girl who is traumatized annually with swimsuit shopping, it was a major milestone. Today we headed out to visit my dad for a bit, followed by more errands.

Food for the day
Breakfast 8/04: baked oatmeal with blueberries and banana
Breakfast 8/05: three homemade buttermilk pancakes with 1 T light syrup (normally not a fan, but we were out of the real stuff!)
Lunch 8/04: I chose to skip lunch at the birthday party- they were serving pizza which looked amazing, but knowing we were heading to a BBQ afterwards, thought it would be in my best interest
Lunch 8/05: steak with avocado, lettuce, pico de gallo, pinto beans and corn
PM Snack 8/04: lemon Luna bar
Dinner 8/04: bbq tri-tip, carrots and celery... and a few too many fritos and pretzels/dip. I don't normally eat that stuff- but when it's around and I'm hungry, it's a dangerous combo. Especially when I'm the designated driver for the evening and not getting to enjoy the drinks with everyone else. And excuse excuse excuse... haha!
Dinner 8/05: 1/3 of a frozen CPK pepperoni pizza... no bueno
Dessert 8/05: Greek yogurt with strawberries and a few chocolate chips

This weekend definitely wasn't my best. We arrived home late last night and were up early this morning. I had every intention to get my workout in and it didn't happen. I wanted to do it tonight, but Mt. Laundry was threatening eruption if I didn't attend to it immediately- so I did. Tomorrow- back to it. My HRM is going to be hollering at me tomorrow morning for not meeting my weekly goals!




Workout 8/04: P90X Kenpo X
Workout 8/05: nothing official, but I at least managed to get an okay amount of walking in


Tomorrow- back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment