Friday, June 29, 2012

92 Days (Jennie)

Today's one of those days that I have mixed feelings about. It's not too tough to be regimented when I'm at work, I am a captive audience after all. I took vacation today and spent the day with the family and a friend and his son that we haven't seen in two years. We spent the morning at the amusement park (after breakfast out), left for a late lunch, then had dinner out as well. At least theme parks lend themselves well to getting in a lot of steps.

First, the bad: all 3 meals were eaten out. Minimal veggies. :(

The good: I tried to make wiser choices and tried not to completely splurge..

Breakfast
"California omelet" (3 eggs, 1/4 avocado, mushrooms and a slice of jack cheese), part of a biscuit and coffee. Omelet was tasty, but the mushrooms were sauteed in butter which probably kicked the calories far above where they needed to be.

Lunch
Cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, a little mayo, ketchup and mustard

PM Snack
Nonfat frozen yogurt

Dinner
Small all-fruit Jamba juice and a pretzel

Calories for the day around 2200, although wouldn't be surprised if it was higher with breakfast being a bit of an unknown (lunch and dinner had the calories posted). Honestly, I was kicking myself all day for this, knowing that I would have to come and report all the bad I had done. But this isn't a bad thing for me, if anything, it reinforces why I like eating healthy and exercising. I don't feel great as I write this, I just feel over-stuffed and gross (for lack of a better term). I easily could have done much worse particularly at a theme park where the temptations are everywhere. It also helps that I can be a miser when it comes to buying food at places like that and don't want to spend $60 for lunch for a family of 4 when I can get something better at half the price!

We're finally home and I was hoping to squeeze in a short workout to help burn some of this off, but honestly, I'm exhausted. On the bright side, my step count is approaching 13,000 for the day, which isn't too shabby!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment