Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Pep Talk to Myself (Jennie)

I have a love/hate relationship with working out sometimes. In a perfect world, I strive for 6x a week, realistically I try to get in 5 days. Monday thru Friday typically works best, I can stay fairly regimented, get up by 5:15, get my gear on and go! Finish up the workout, get ready for work, get the kiddos ready for school and head out for the morning, happily knowing my workout is already done for the day.

That being said... I still have days when I just don't want to do it. Or weeks when I'm struggling to get in 2 or 3 workouts. Work gets extra stressful and I stay up too late trying to catch up, which means the early morning workouts are generally the first to go. And that's what's going on with me this week. So... a little pep talk to myself is in order.

Dear self-
You skipped your workout this morning. I know you were tired and you haven't been feeling it this week. But time to get back to it. Nobody ever said this was going to be easy, but it will be worth it. Every workout makes you stronger. And in case you need an extra kick in the pants...
 Tough Mudder is in 102 days.


One of my favorite inspirational videos lately that really helps get me back in the right frame of mind:


Time for bed- I have a date with Asylum Game Day in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment