Wednesday, June 27, 2012

94 Days (Jennie)

Oh Wednesday... you haven't been kind to me! A few months ago, my phone took a bad fall and all the king's horsemen and all the king's men couldn't put it back together again. Actually, it still works, but the cracked screen causes it to lock up from time to time and the only thing I can do is pull the battery to reboot it. At 5:00am, my cell phone alarm dutifully goes off and proceeds to lock up. Half-asleep me fumbles for the snooze and after a minute or so I realize it's not just me, that it's locked up again. So I (still half-asleep) continue to fumble to get the case off, then pull the back off the phone and take the battery out to shut off the blaring alarm. I decided to close my eyes for just a few minutes, then get up... and an hour and a half later I did. Oops. Needless to say, the AM workout didn't happen.

Fast forward to lunch, we went out to celebrate a coworker friend's birthday. Going out is always a challenge, but I stuck with salad and skipped the amazing looking bread. Victory! We also went out for dinner (had errands to run as soon as I got home from work, no time to cook dinner), and I did my best to make wiser choices there too. Last but not least, frozen yogurt. Again, not the greatest, but far from the worst too. I stayed away from all the tasty candy and cookie toppings if that counts!

Moral of the story- I'm trying to do my absolute best over the next 100 days. I'm sure there will be days that I can't squeeze in the workout or restaurants that don't offer the healthiest food. But I'm really trying to at least choose the optimal thing that I can for the situation that I'm in.

Breakfast
Small banana muffin (homemade), 4 slices turkey bacon and coffee


Lunch
Salad (spring mix lettuce, carrots, steak, blue cheese, tomatoes and balsamic reduction dressing)

PM Snack
Banana and yogurt

Dinner
Baja Fresh steak and shrimp baja bowl (didn't eat the entire thing though!), along with a few chips

Dessert
Chocolate and almond frozen yogurt

Right now I'm sitting at 1990 calories. Not great, considering I've barely burned above 2000 today. Considering what it could have been though, I'm pleased overall. Time to get a baby workout in before bed and back to it in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment