Sunday, June 24, 2012

97 Days (Jennie)

Today was a good realization. Sometimes it's not always about what you do and instead what you don't do. Mindy and I took the kiddos up to visit our Dad and Grandma. We all had a great time, sadly, he lives about 3 hours from here, so I skipped the workout this morning so I wouldn't have to get up at 5am (especially since I didn't go to bed til midnight!). I had a tasty BBQ burger. Far from diet food, but... (stay with me here)... it's what I didn't eat. No chips, no dip, no potato salad, no desserts. Have the burger, but keep the sides healthy, veggies and watermelon. Dinner was a quick stop at a local Tex-Mex place where I indulged a bit with cheese and steak enchiladas, but after 200+ miles of driving and two overly tired fighting kiddos... insert excuse here. :)

Breakfast:
Scrambled eggs with spinach and 3 slices turkey bacon

AM Snack:
Caramel light frappuccino (okay okay, not my healthiest day!)

Lunch:
Burger on whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, light mayo, pickles, mustard and ketchup
Watermelon and veggies with a little ranch
These crazy addictive apple straw things... not terrible, but only had a few too!

Dinner:
 Aforementioned cheese and steak enchiladas. I did leave the rice and beans mostly untouched and only had a few chips, hopefully not a total loss!

Workout- No! :(  Breaks aren't a bad thing though, and a recovery day was probably in order. Visiting Grandpa always gets me up and moving around a bit, even with all the driving, I should still hit about 2200 calories burned by end of day.

Tomorrow- back to the craziness!

No comments:

Post a Comment