Monday, June 4, 2012

Find Your Motivation (Jennie)


One of the greatest moments when I started to really change my diet and exercise, is when the positive changes started to be noticed by other people. The comments like “wow, you look great!” and the like always make my day. Inevitably there are those that ask how I did it. When I respond with “I watch what I eat, try to cut out refined sugar and processed foods as much as I can, and get exercise daily”, you can almost see their disappointment. It’s like when someone hears that there was no secret formula and it’s just good old fashioned hard work, they give up because they don’t believe they can accomplish the same for themselves.

 I adore cake, pizza, ice cream… just as much as anyone else. My sweet tooth is like the little devil on my shoulder, always wanting a little treat. I love lazy days at home sometimes too, just hanging out with the family. If there was truly a pill, shake, or other magic elixir that would keep me healthy and in great shape, without me having to give up eating anything I want or having to heed the 5am alarm to get up and workout, then I’d be first in line. But, until all my dreams come true, I’m heeding that alarm and picking the salad over the pasta since the end results are worth it for me.

I stumbled on this quote the other day (can’t find the author though): “If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.” LOVE it. It is something I remind myself of every day when that alarm goes off. Ultimately fitness is all about making the right choices every day and not giving up when you make a wrong one. If it’s important, you will make it happen, you will drag yourself out of bed, you will shut down the computer, you will skip the drive-thru. And your body will thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment