Friday, June 22, 2012

99 Days (Jennie)

I'm cheating a bit and writing a bit early before dinner, but want to make sure I got this in tonight. Today was a lot of fun, we had our year-end lunch for the Controller's group at work (year-end in June since we just finished audit). This year's event was bocci ball, which was so much fun. But as much fun as all that is, work events are a huge challenge for eating healthy. Today was no exception- tasty food everywhere I looked. Pizzas, tons of appetizers, desserts. So what's a girl to do to keep on the clean diet path? Fill plate with salad!

Mmmm... salady

Not the best picture, but it was tasty. Lots of spinach, lots of romaine, some mandarins in one salad, Parmesan, pine nuts and some eggs from the other salads (3 mixes on one plate). I did go back for a few prawns later; salad is great, but doesn't fill me up for long without some protein in the mix. I'm proud to say that even with the dessert table right next to the salad table (even had to go to there to get a fork), I didn't touch any of it. No cheesecake, no tiramisu, no lemon bars... they were all calling to me but I held true to my mission. *pats self on back*

Here's the count for the day:

Breakfast:
Vanilla protein shake with almond milk, spinach, and blueberries
Turkey bacon and coffee

Lunch:
Lots of salad, 3 boiled tiger prawns, a few veggies from the tray

PM Snack:
Granola bar

Dinner:
TBD- but it's looking like we're grilling burgers. My calorie count looks good for the day so far, so I'll splurge a bit here. And it's Friday, so what the heck? ;)

Today's workout was Asylum Vertical Plyo and some yardwork (hey, pulling weeds is hard work!)

Off to get dinner with the family. Cheers to a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment