Tuesday, July 31, 2012

60 Days (Jennie)

60 days and counting! I took today as a semi-rest day. It was originally scheduled for yesterday, which I skipped, but decided to go for the extra sleep this morning. I've been getting to bed way too late and some additional stress at work is doing its part to keep me from sleeping as soundly as I normally do. The extra hour was very nice this morning. I did get a walk in at lunch today and Ab Ripper X tonight, so I didn't sit around and do nothing either.

I haven't gushed about my heart rate monitor in a bit. I was iffy initially on the extra training features of the watch and whether it was worth the extra cost over the basic monitor, but they are proving to be really useful. The FT60 has three training programs: Improve Fitness, Maximize Fitness and Lose Weight. I am currently working under the Maximize Fitness training program, which is challenging me in new ways than before.

Week 2 results- training too much in zone 3 and not enough in zones 1 and 2
Now I know I need to actually slow down a bit- which is a bit of a shock after multiple rounds of HIIT (high intensity interval training) with Insanity and Asylum.The P90X strength workouts are a bit slower-paced (don't want to be throwing barbells around after all!), but I may look to move to fewer reps, slower pace and heavier weight.

missed my week's target by 179 calories- boo!!!
I definitely need to keep up the 6 day a week pace, I just missed my target last week. But I love the challenge of having to hit that number, it's something to aim for this week!

Food for the day
Breakfast: plain Greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of grapes and 1 T honey, turkey bacon and coffee
Morning snack: handful of almonds
Lunch: salad with ground turkey and ranch dressing
Afternoon snack: granola bar
Dinner: tacos- shredded bbq chicken, avocado, green chiles and a little cheese and two small corn tortillas
Dessert: a little more yogurt and grapes

Total calories in: 1625
Calories burned: 2100
Workout: P90X Ab Ripper X and 2 mile walk

No comments:

Post a Comment