Friday, July 20, 2012

71 Days (Jennie)

Not a good day today. I went upstairs to wake up the kiddos. My youngest, who is 6 and about 45 lbs, was still mostly asleep, so I decided to carry her downstairs, not an infrequent thing for my non-early bird. About halfway down the steps, I slipped on a random toy (yes girls, this is why mommy is always nagging you to pick up your toys from the stairs) and fell while holding her. Unfortunately for me, I was holding her with both hands, one supporting her legs, the other her head, so there was no way I could catch myself without dropping her. And like any decent parent would, I took the fall the hardest to keep her the safest. I whacked my tailbone pretty hard on the way down on at least 4 or 5 stairs, plus rug burn on my legs and ankle, tweaked my back and wrist when I fell as well. Thankfully nothing broken, but a little bruised and a little achy. I just feel a little rattled on the inside, if that makes sense? Stomach has been slightly queasy, walking a little slower than usual, stupid tailbone is making it painful to sit. Needless to say, no workout today. Hopefully after a decent night's rest and maybe a Tylenol, I'll be right as rain in the morning!

Food for the day
Breakfast: a small slice of homemade zucchini bread (zucchini was a gift from the boss, had to make it!) and coffee
Morning snack: Greek yogurt (I snagged a flavored one on my way out the door this morning)
Lunch: salad with grilled chicken and ranch
Afternoon snack: granola bar
Dinner: I had a steak burrito bowl at Chipotle; steak, tomato and corn salsa, lettuce and guacamole
Dessert: Not that I needed it, but we grabbed frozen yogurt. I guess it was my personal pity party for my sore bones. :)

Calories in: 1880
Calories burned: 2000
Workout: Not much, did at least get in a short 1 mile walk at lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment