Wednesday, July 11, 2012

80 Days (Jennie)

80 days to go... wow! Three weeks down of daily blogging, trying to eat well and get in some exercise. So far, so good; having a goal in mind at the end is really working well for me. Besides the fear of the all mighty Mudder looming at the end, I'm really looking forward to seeing the change in me at the end of it as well, physically and psychologically. I grew up painfully shy and still fight many of those demons today. Working out gives me confidence like nothing else and ignites a fire in my belly at the same time. Strong is amazing!

Food for the day
Breakfast: turkey bacon, coffee and a nectarine
Morning snack: grapes
Lunch: salad with spring mix lettuce, jicama, carrots, bell pepper, tuna, ranch, corn, edamame, ranch. I know this sounds like a strange combo, but it actually worked well!
Dinner: chicken breast sandwich on a whole wheat bun with pickles, lettuce, tomatoes and honey mustard
Dessert: Frozen yogurt with almonds

Total calories in: 1850
Calories burned: 2300
Today's workout: 2 mile walk at lunch (11000 steps for the day according to Fitbit)

I missed my main workout this morning- bad night of sleep led to me sleeping through my alarm again. I guess 2 alarms aren't enough, might be time for 3.

So next steps from here... about 11 weeks left. I want to make this less of just a food diary and more informational, on the off-chance that someone out there besides me is reading it. ;)  I looked at heart rate monitors tonight, but wanted to do a bit more research before committing the funds. So far, I'm leaning toward the Polar FT7. I looked at a few of the pricier models, but can't seem to justify the cost with the extra features offered. Between the blog, Fitbit, and the Beachbody forums, I probably don't need one other area to have to record workouts to. But darn that pink FT60 is such a pretty HRM... if only I could justify the extra $100 price tag.

admit it, I'm totally cute for a heart rate monitor

But the black/red combo on the FT7 isn't too bad either... so this may be the one I start looking for. I have no patience for ordering online if I can find it anywhere within a 30 mile radius of me. I'm an instant-gratification kind of gal.

not as pretty, but friendlier on the wallet!


Alright, time to drag myself to bed- workout awaits in the morning. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment