Saturday, July 7, 2012

84 Days (Jennie)

I got to hang out with my sister today! We pampered ourselves with amazing pedicures, then met up with hubby and the kiddos for a late lunch/early dinner.

Breakfast
Scrambled eggs with hot sauce, spinach, a little cheese and a quarter of an avocado. Two slices of turkey bacon and a small homemade biscuit.

Lunch
Our post-pedicure treat was a garden burger with whole wheat bun and side salad. Aaaand... ice cream. But (and Mindy can vouch for this), we ordered a sundae that was split between the kiddos, Mindy and me. I can usually avoid ice cream (a.k.a. not buy it at the store), but sitting in a creamery where they make it by hand... it's just cruel and unusual. :)

Dinner
We ended up going grocery shopping, and none of us were too hungry from having such a big late lunch, so we hit the drink bar at the grocery store. This is the first time I've ever tried anything from there and it was amazing. I had a blueberry lemonade smoothie, and the kiddos wanted apple juice (100 degrees today- we were all a bit drained from the heat). They actually grabbed an apple and shoved it through a juicer right in front of us. Suddenly paying $2 for a cup of apple juice didn't feel like such a rip-off! My smoothie was great, I watched them shove a whole peeled lemon and blueberries in the blender. Hubby tried a mix of apple, celery and beets, which was surprisingly good as well. Now it's got me contemplating wanting a juicer. And a Vitamix. And a bigger kitchen while I'm at it!

Overall, too much sugar today, but not awful either.

Total calories: 1760
Total burned: 2300
Today's workout: Asylum Back to Core

No comments:

Post a Comment