Wednesday, July 4, 2012

88 Days (Jennie)

Okay, I'm posting this a day late, but I didn't forget! We went out to visit friends for their city's 4th of July celebration, actually held on the 3rd. We had a blast (literally!), but didn't get home until 2:00 this morning! Sooo... knowing that I wasn't going to necessarily be eating super healthy for dinner, I tried to keep breakfast and lunch in check to compensate. Sadly, no workout either as I was scrambling to run errands and get items together to bring over for dinner. I planned to, even sat around in my pajamas (I took the day off) until 3pm, thinking that I would be working out and would get ready for the party afterwards. Not so much!

Here's the rundown for the day:

Breakfast
Coffee, turkey bacon and plain greek yogurt with honey and grapes

Lunch
String cheese and a protein shake (vanilla protein powder, frozen blueberries, spinach and unsweetened almond milk)

Dinner
Here's the not-so-good part. A wonderful salad and pepperoni pizza (loooove it- guilty pleasure), at least I kept it to 3 pieces, despite wanting to devour half of it.

Dessert
I was tasked with bringing dessert to our friends' house (did I mention I LOVE to bake? Works oh so well when you're trying to cut back on the refined sugar/flour intake). I made jello (layered blue raspberry, whipped cream and cherry for the red/white/blue effect), peanut butter macarons with chocolate ganache filling and key lime pie. I did keep portions okay, had a small-ish slice of the key lime pie and one macaron. This is why when I bake, I take it to work or let hubby take it to work to share. It's too hard to have the wonderful sugary stuff around, my sweet tooth is relentless!

Overall calories in: about 2000. This is a really rough estimate since I'm using a generic figure for the macaron and key lime pie.

Calories burned: 2100... grrr... definitely need to get a workout in!

No comments:

Post a Comment