Saturday, July 21, 2012

70 Days (Jennie)

Happy Saturday! I'm still a bit achy from my tumble down the stairs yesterday, but overall feeling much better. To give my lower body a little rest, today's workout focused on upper body strength. Upper body is definitely a weak spot of mine, I've become a lot stronger in the year and a half I've been really working out, but I still struggle in this area.

Not having much of a workout today, I tried to keep the food relatively light-ish.

Food for the day
Breakfast: Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and a rainbow smoothie (more info to follow)
Lunch: post-workout green protein smoothie
Afternoon snack: a few grapes I set out for the kiddos
Dinner:two slices of cheese pizza- I made this as a special treat for the kiddos tonight and tried my hand at making both the dough and sauce from scratch. It was easier than I thought and turned out pretty well!

Rainbow smoothie!

eat a rainbow!

This morning's smoothie was fresh pineapple, strawberries, blueberries, carrots, a peach and raw spinach. Plus a little Greek yogurt to give it an extra creaminess. The smoothie turned out well, not too sweet, but sweet enough that the kiddos both drank theirs without too much  nagging from mom.

Pineapple: rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and beta-carotene
Strawberries: also rich in vitamin C and many minerals
Blueberries: high in antioxidants
Carrots: great source of beta-carotene and vitamin A, as well as poly-acetylene anti-oxidant falcarinol which may help fight against cancers by destroying pre-cancerous cells in tumors
Peaches: a good source of vitamin C and essential minerals
Spinach: There's a reason Popeye always had his spinach! It's a fantastic source of iron as well as vitamin K, which helps keep your bones strong. Plus it mixes very well in smoothies without imparting much flavor.

So, drink up!

Total calories in: 1700
Calories burned: 2200
Workout: P90X Chest, Shoulders and Triceps

No comments:

Post a Comment