Sunday, July 15, 2012

76 Days (Jennie)

Today was fun, hubby and I took the kiddos to the state fair. I don't necessarily go yearly, the insane cost of admission, parking, food, rides... pretty much everything is a good deterrent, but every few years I get the bug to go again. Plus this year I had an ulterior motive: the all-mighty and powerful Vitamix blender. Every time I go there's someone demonstrating the thing, and despite wanting it, I've never stopped to really look, for fear of getting sucked in to buy it. Besides- how fancy does a smoothie maker really need to be, right? With my (almost) daily protein shakes and a lot more cooking at home, I have found myself thinking more and more that I should look into one. Review after review after review, people just love them, they outlast cars, are passed down generations... it's like the Cadillac of blenders. So... after boring the kiddos to death at the demo trying 2 kinds of smoothies, fresh peanut butter, tortilla soup and "ice cream" (fruit, a little juice concentrate and ice only!), we bit the bullet!

 
hello beautiful!






I'm stoked- I've literally been wanting one of these for at least a decade. The AM protein shakes can have soooo much more spinach now. I'm excited to make more soup. And the kids loved the ice cream too, it couldn't be easier, I threw in a banana, a little mango/orange juice concentrate and a bunch of ice and voila!

And now on to business. Considering we were at the fair a good chunk of the day, I didn't do half bad.

Food for the day
Breakfast: Greek yogurt with honey and fresh blueberries
Lunch: We stopped at Starbucks on our way to the fair, I tried one of their new lime refreshers, which tasted great and fairly low-cal, even a venti is only 70 calories. Not that it's health food, of course, but you can easily do a lot worse there. Also had one of their Kind brand almond and cashew bars. Great alternative to all those tasty pastries in the case in the 500+ calorie range.
Afternoon snack: I'm not too sure how to track what we had at the fair, since it mostly consisted of samples from the Vitamix demo. Maybe 2 tbsp of smoothie, 1 tbsp of soup and a tsp of fresh peanut butter on a baby carrot. Probably just a few calories here!
Dinner: Steak burrito bowl- steak, salsa, avocado and cheese. I could probably live off this meal if I had to.
Dessert: I had to try out the new blender. I threw in a peach, 1/2 a banana, a little almond milk and half a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Nice little treat, although it needs a little something. Tomorrow night I'll hopefully start looking through the recipe book and get some better ideas.

Total calories in: 1500 (I may be underestimating the burrito bowl, but did eat a light breakfast/lunch)
Calories burned: 2200
Workout: No official workout today, but did get in my 10000+ steps with walking at the fair at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment